• 110g icing sugar
• 60g ground almonds
• 2 egg whites
• 40g caster sugar
• metallic food paint
• parchment paper, circles drawn on
• dark chocolate ganache mix
• tools, pictured
1. Whisk egg whites until firm; add caster sugar and further whisk into stiff peaks. Fold in sifted icing sugar and almonds.
2. Add food colouring to achieve your desired shade. Use a few colours, to show your palette’s range.
3. Pipe onto circles, leave for 15mins; bake in a preheated oven (180°C) for 10-15 minutes: then cool on a rack.
4. Spread warmed dark chocolate ganache on the underside of half the circles, then add a top to each.
5. Use a metallic food paint, in your chosen accent shade, to create a light stroke atop each macaroon.
Jette Virdi @JetteVirdi
Photography: Joanne Murphy